In March 2016, we received consent for Sandy Knowe Wind Farm in Upper Nithsdale, Dumfries and Galloway.
We are now in the process of applying to Scottish Government to increase the wind turbine capacity from 48MW to 86.4MW, while keeping the number of turbines at 24
Existing Consented Site – Facts and Figures
- 24 turbines with a total installed capacity of up to 48MW;
- 125m ground to blade tip;
- Average wind speeds in excess of 7.5 metres per second (m/s);
- Potential to power up to 35,483 homes annually;
- Annual output of approximately 151,373 megawatt hours (Mwh) of electricity;
- Grid Connection;
- Community Benefit Fund worth up to £240,000 annually; and
- Community Shared Ownership option agreed with The Royal Burgh of Sanquhar and Kirkconnel and Kelloholm Community Councils.