In March 2016, we received consent for Sandy Knowe Wind Farm in Upper Nithsdale, Dumfries and Galloway.
We are now in the process of applying to Scottish Government to increase the wind turbine capacity from 48MW to 86.4MW, while keeping the number of turbines at 24. The physical aspects of the upgraded Proposed Development would remain the same, with the same turbine numbers, location and heights as that already consented by Dumfries and Galloway Council. Should permission not be granted for the additional generating capacity, we remain committed to implementing the planning consent granted by Dumfries and Galloway Council for the 48MW project
Existing Consented Site – Facts and Figures
- 24 turbines with a total installed capacity of up to 48MW;
- 125m ground to blade tip;
- Average wind speeds in excess of 7.5 metres per second (m/s);
- Potential to power up to 35,483 homes annually;
- Annual output of approximately 151,373 megawatt hours (Mwh) of electricity;
- Grid Connection;
- Community Benefit Fund worth up to £240,000 annually; and
- Community Shared Ownership option agreed with The Royal Burgh of Sanquhar and Kirkconnel and Kelloholm Community Councils.
ERG are hosting two Public Information days to update the local communities on the progression of the project to date. These events will be open to the public and will be held at:
- Sanquhar Community Centre, Sanquhar
Monday 24th September, 2pm – 6pm
- Hillview Leisure Centre, Kirkconnel
Tuesday 25th September, 2pm – 6pm.